Lemon, White Bean & Asparagus Stir-Fry
Submitted by: Courtney
- 1 cup vegetable(s) of choice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon wheat-free tamari
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
In a small bowl stir broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, cornstarch and tamari until cornstarch dissolves; set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat a little water/broth over high heat, or spray with cooking spray. Add asparagus, veggies, beans and garlic; stir-fry until asparagus is crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add green onions; stir-fry until slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Stir sauce mixture again to mix; pour into pan. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens and turns translucent, about 2 minutes.
Serve alone or over rice.
back to fatfreevegan.com