Shredded Carrot-Ginger Pancakes with Asian Dipping Sauce
Recipe by: Adapted from a Cooking Light Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely shredded carrot (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- egg substitute for 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cracker meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Green onion strips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
To prepare pancakes, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine egg substitute, cracker meal, and salt in a small bowl. Add egg mixture to carrot mixture; stir to blend.
Heat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat. Using about 1/4 cup batter per pancake, spoon 4 pancakes onto hot pan, spreading each to a 4-inch diameter. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until bottoms are lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate; keep warm. Spray pan with cooking spray and repeat procedure with remaining batter. Transfer to a plate; keep warm. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.
To prepare dipping sauce, combine soy sauce and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and stir with a whisk. Serve with pancakes.
back to fatfreevegan.com