Appetizers and Dips
Beans and Legumes
Rice & Other Grains
Sandwiches & Spreads
Soups and Gumbos
Stews and Chilies
Fatfree Vegan Recipes proudly endorses Vita-Mix
This site hosted by:
here for 25% off your first year
Fatfree Vegan Recipes mailing list
Click to subscribe to Eat-2-Live
Recipe by: traditional/adapted by Jocelyn Graef
This is a traditional South African recipe, adapted from its meat-based
origins. It is not only fabulous, it is utterly simple. Never fails to get raves
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- salt, pepper, chili to taste
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 Tbs. apricot jam
- Handful raisins or currants
- 2 Tbs. chutney, hot or sweet
- 1 Tbs. Bragg aminos
- 3 or 4 slices bread, soaked in vegetable broth and crumbled
- 4 cups leftover vegetables - any kind: peas, potatoes, carrots, etc.
- 1 can lowfat coconut milk
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Sauté onion until translucent and add curry powder, ginger and salt, pepper,
chili to taste. Stir a minute until mixed well.
Add lemon juice, jam, raisins, chutney and Braggs. Simmer a few minutes until
Mix in the soaked and crumbled bread and the vegetables.
Spread the mix in a casserole dish and pour the coconut milk over the top. Heat
in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve with brown rice.
back to fatfreevegan.com