Tomatoes Stuffed with Black Beans and Corn
Submitted by: Courtney
Recipe by: Vegetarian Times
- 4 large or 8 small ripe tomatoes
- 1 15.5-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 3 green onions, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. chili powder, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Cut 1/4-inch-thick top off each tomato. Scoop out tomato pulp onto cutting board, being careful not to pierce sides or bottoms of tomatoes.
2. Chop tomato pulp, and place in medium bowl. Add black beans, corn, green onions, cilantro, chili powder and cumin. Mix well, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Fill tomatoes with bean mixture, and place them in lightly oiled 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is heated through and tomatoes are tender.
back to fatfreevegan.com