Roasted Veggie Baked Potatoes
(a gluten-free recipe)
Recipe by: Karina
- 2 large Idaho, Russet or Sweet potatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower pieces
- 1 cup 'matchsticked' carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- olive oil cooking spray, as needed
- 1/4 cup apple juice, unsweetened
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp Italian Herb seasoning
- 1/2- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 cup, packed, baby spinach greens or Mesclun spring greens
- 2-3 Tbs grated Soy (Vegan) "Parmesan"
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash and wrap the potatoes in foil; prick with a fork. Place the potatoes in the hot oven, on the top rack, and bake for 15 minutes.
3. In the meantime combine the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and garlic in a roasting pan and spray with olive oil cooking spray; toss with apple juice and balsamic vinegar; add seasonings.
4. Add the pan of vegetables to the oven on a lower rack, and bake for 45 minutes, until the potatoes and the vegetables are fork tender. During the last 5 minutes of baking, toss the baby spinach or greens in with roasted veggies.
5. To serve, place each potato on a serving plate, split open, and season with lemon pepper. Top each potato with half of the roasted veggies and sprinkle with vegan grated "cheese".
Serves 2 as dinner, 4 as side dish. Enjoy!
back to fatfreevegan.com