Banana's Indian Spinach, Potato & Broccoli Fillo Rolls
Recipe by: Banana
- 800g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp each turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander and ground fenugreek
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 sheets Fillo Pastry (phyllo)
- Olive oil and sesame seeds
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C
2. Boil potatoes until they are just tender – 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine onion, garlic, spices and enough hot water to cover, in a fry pan, and cook until the onions are soft.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked, add in the broccoli and spinach. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until the greens are fairly well done, but not over-cooked.
5. Drain the potatoes and greens very well – make sure there is no water left. Add the onion mixture.
6. Puree the potato mixture until it is very thick and smooth.
7. Use two sheets of fillo pastry at a time, and put 2 or 3 generous dollops of the potato mixture on the pastry. Roll up tightly, but be careful not to rip the pastry. Repeat until all of the potato mixture has been used up – it should make around 6 rolls
8. Brush the top with a little olive oil and sprinkle sesame seeds over it
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
back to fatfreevegan.com