Bok Choy and Mushrooms
Submitted by: Courtney
- 1 1/2 cups vegetarian broth
- 4-5 shitake mushrooms, cut to 1/2 inch pieces (rehydrated or fresh, no stems)
- 4-5 button or straw mushrooms, cut if necessary
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 largish clove fresh garlic, minced or pressed
- 1-inch square fresh ginger, minced or pressed
- 4 cups chopped bok choy or 4 baby bok choy, quartered
- corn starch (2 tbs. mixed with 1/4 cup cool water)
Pour broth into skillet. Add half the scallions, the garlic and the ginger.
Sauté for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms.
Steam the bok choy in the microwave (2 1/2-3 minutes, checking and tossing every minute) or in a steamer.
Thicken the broth with corn starch. Make it slightly thicker than you want the sauce to be, since the moisture from the boy choy will thin it a bit.
Toss in the bok choy and mix. Serve over steamed rice (or your favorite grain) and garnish with the rest of the scallions.
back to fatfreevegan.com