Miso- and Citrus-Glazed Japanese Eggplant
Submitted by: Courtney
- 4 Japanese eggplants, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 Tbsp. white miso
- 1 Tbsp. rice syrup or agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp. mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat a medium saucepan to medium-high and add all the ingredients except the eggplant. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the miso mixture to a bowl and let cool.
Preheat a grill/broiler and season the eggplant with salt and pepper. Brush the eggplant on both sides with the miso mixture.
Grill/broil for 4 to 5 minutes on each side while basting with the miso mixture.
back to fatfreevegan.com