Secret Ingredient Chili
Recipe by: Carolin
- 1 cup dried black beans
- 1 package veggie ground "beef", such as Yves
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 canned chipotle peppers, minced
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules dissolved in 1 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp marmite
Rinse, soak, and cook beans according to package directions. Drain well.
Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and simmer for 1 - 2 hours on low heat.
note: To make this quick and easy, canned beans may be used. Drain and rinse well before adding.
Crockpot directions: cook beans according to package directions. Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
back to fatfreevegan.com