Vegetarian Tex-Mex Chili
Recipe by: Victoria Hartwell
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans diced tomatoes(14.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup dry lima beans
- 1/4 cup dry lentils
- 1/4 cup dry pinto beans
- 1/4 cup dry black beans
- 1 pkg. Tex-Mex chili seasoning
My Culinary Calculations teacher said it felt like a "chili" day, so I went home and came up with a fat-free vegetarian chili.
1. Soak the beans and lentils over night.
2. Dice the onion and brown in sauce pan using non-stick spray.
3. Stir in garlic, 1 can of tomatoes, and half of the seasoning pack.
4. Stir in the beans and simmer for 1 hour.
5. Stir in the second can of tomatoes and the other half of the seasoning.
6. Simmer 10 minutes.
7. Let cool and serve.
back to fatfreevegan.com