Black Bean Soup (Panera)
This is my own version of Panera bread's black bean soup. It tastes a lot
like it, and I love it!! Use vegetable stock to make it vegetarian. -
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
1/4 large red bell peppers, finely chopped
2 small veg bouillon cubes
1-1 1/2 cup boiling water
2 cans black beans, undrained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 lemons, juice of
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. In a pot, combine the first six ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add half a can of beans, salt and cumin; cook for 5 minutes.
3. Puree soup (I use an immersion blender which makes it easy to do it right in
4. Add the rest of the beans to the soup.
5. Combine the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water.
6. Add the lemon and the cornstarch to the soup; cook until thickened.
From the McDougall board,
originally posted at recipezaar by najwa