No Blues BBQ
Recipe By :People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
Submitted by: Sue in NJ
Serving Size : 4
Nutritional info is for regular fat, not low fat, tofu. Be sure to use the
low-fat when making this up.
- 1 pound tofu block -- extra firm
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 hamburger buns -- whole wheat
- Sandwich Fixin's - onions, tomatoes, etc.
1. Drain the tofu and cut it in half horizontally to make 2 pieces. Wrap the
tofu in a clean towel, and press it between two baking sheets with a heavy
weight on top. Refrigerate for an hour or more.
2. Unwrap the tofu and place it in a shallow baking dish. Spoon 3/4 cup of
the BBQ sauce over the tofu, cover the dish, and let the tofu marinate in the
refrigerator for at least several hours and up to 5 days. The longer it
marinates, the stronger the flavor will be.
3. Place the marinated tofu on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake at 400
degrees F for one hour.
4. Slice open the sandwich rolls, cut the tofu into thin slices, and divide
it among the rolls.
5. Serve with your favorite sandwich fixings and a topping of more BBQ sauce.
Source: "Cooking With PETA"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving: 239 Calories; 8g Fat (27.8% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 32g
Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 759mg Sodium.
back to fatfreevegan.com