Lentil Millet Burgers
Recipe by: Miriam
1 cup dry millet, cooked in 3 cups water until fluffy
3 cups cooked lentils, drained
2 carrots, finely grated
1 tsp fenugreek
1.5 dried chilies
1.5 tsp cumin
2 tsp tomato paste
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1. Put the lentils in a bowl. Grind the three spices in a coffee grinder and add into the lentils with the tomato paste and carrots. Add sea salt to taste. Mash it all up.
2. Add the cooked millet and flax seeds to the mixture, and run it through a food processor until smooth.
3. Form into patties and press slivered almonds into one or both sides.
4. Heat up both sides in a pan with a few drops of oil so they donít stick. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side.
5. They wonít be firm but they will be yummy. Enjoy with your favorite condiments or bread, but we had these plain.
back to fatfreevegan.com