Tangy Cucumber and Mung Bean Sprout Salad
* 2-3 large cucumbers
* 2 cups mung bean sprouts
* 3-4 cups fresh pea greens if you can find them--a leafy sprout could be substituted or these could be omitted
* 4-5 fresh water chestnuts (canned are also okay)
* 2 Tbs. light soy sauce
* 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
* 1 Tbs. freshly minced garlic
* several splashes to 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
* 1 Tbs. black bean sauce
* 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper, optional
Peel the cucumber, slice it down the middle and remove the seeds. Cut each half down the middle and slice these strips into bite sized pieces.
Toss cucumbers and mung bean sprouts into a large sealable container. Mix the dressing separately and pour over the veggies. Put the lid on the container and shake it. Put it in the fridge to marinate for 3 hours or over night, shaking it whenever you think of it. :)
Just before serving add the pea greens and peeled, chopped water chestnuts and shake the whole thing together again.
Source: Ladonna at christian-vegan-cooking
from the Eat-2-Live archives