Santa Fe Potato Salad
Recipe by: K. Allrich
- 6-8 medium-size red (or Yukon gold) potatoes, cut up
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Nayonaise (or fat-free dressing/mayo substitute)
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, more as needed
- 1/2-1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 small can green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (or slivered almonds)
- red pepper flakes, if desired
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes until they are fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, place in a bowl and sprinkle with the apple cider vinegar. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Make the dressing by combining the Nayonaise, lime juice, spices, onion, chilies, and cilantro.
3. Spoon the dressing on the potatoes and toss gently to mix. Add the cilantro. Add red pepper flakes for added heat. Taste for seasoning adjustments.
Serve this potato salad warm or at room temperature garnished with a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts, if desired. May also be made ahead and served chilled.
back to fatfreevegan.com