Marinated Italian Vegetable Salad
Recipe by: Susan Voisin
- 1 lb. bag frozen Italian vegetables
- 1-2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives or kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup fatfree Italian dressing (see below)
Add frozen vegetables to a pot containing 1 cup boiling water. Return to a boil and cook for one minute. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Toss all ingredients except dressing in large bowl. Add dressing; mix lightly. Cover. Refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled.
Use your favorite Italian dressing or try the following:
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together and mix with salad.
back to fatfreevegan.com