Brown Rice Tabbouleh
(A gluten-free recipe)
Recipe by: Karina
- 3 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 3/4 cup diced ripe tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/8-1/4 cup apple juice, unsweetened (enough to moisten)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves for garnish
In a large bowl, combine the cooked brown rice, parsley, cucumber, tomato, mint, apple juice, lemon juice, sea salt, and ground pepper. Toss well, cover and chill for one hour, or until serving.
To serve, sprinkle the tabbouleh with chopped fresh basil leaves, if desired. Serve with a side of fresh lemon hummus, a green salad or fruit salad, and some fresh pita triangles or warm corn muffins. Enjoy!
back to fatfreevegan.com