Aruba Garden Salad
Submitted by: Jo(Jamaican Garden Salad original was posted by Nathalie on recipezaar.com)
I changed it told husband it was now Aruba Garden Salad. I was surprised at how good it was with uncooked cabbage. It was a keeper on our list. However the next time I will use the food processor for the cabbage because I simply could not slice it thin enough for us. Would work well with other additions such as tofu or the like.
- 4 cups cabbage (shredded or thinly sliced) MAKE SURE THIS IS THIN. Trust me or you will be chewing until doomsday.
- 4 carrots (shredded) [optional]
- 1 green pepper (sliced into rings)
- 1 tomato (cut into 8 wedges) [I chopped it and added two instead of one because they were so good and fresh.]
- 1/2 English cucumber (peel on, round slices)[I left this out]
- 1 onion, chopped [size depends on how much you like onion. This is optional because I added it in place of the cucumber]
- Use the fat free dressing of your choice.
Shred or thinly slice the cabbage. Note this really is a food processor recipe for the cabbage. Add the remaining ingredients. Toss. For a stronger taste marinate a bit in your dressing or put it on the side.
back to fatfreevegan.com