Hoppin’ John Salad 2
Submitted by: Courtney
Recipe by: New Century Nutrition
- 1 15-oz. can black-eyed peas, drained
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
This is great for a make-ahead meal!
• In a large bowl, combine the peas, rice, green onions, celery, tomatoes, and parsley.
• In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, salt, and garlic. Pour over the salad and toss to mix.
• Chill 1 to 2 hours before serving.
back to fatfreevegan.com