Banana Pudding Pie
Submitted by: Krissy Moore
Recipe by: Eriko Moriyama
- 1 tablespoon kanten/agar agar/ vegan jelly substitute
- 1/3 cups water
- 300g firm tofu, well drained
- Egg substitute for 1 large egg (or omit might be OK)
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon honey substitute or other sweetener
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 bananas
- dash of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 banana
- dash of lemon juice
- sprinkle of cinnamon powder
- cherry/strawberries (optional)
- One Low Fat/Fatfree pie crust to fit a 25cm pie dish. (I used honey graham cracker crumbs pressed into the pie dish)
Put 1 Tbspn kanten/gelatin substitute into 1/2cup water and leave for 5 minutes, then cook it over low heat until dissolved.
Mix the rest of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Pour the gelatin substitute mix into the tofu mix and blend for a few seconds.
Pour into pie shell.
Refrigerate until firm - 3 hours or more.
Top with sliced banana and fruit, sprinkle lemon juice to stop browning, and sprinkle cinnamon.
Servings: Makes 8 or so slices.
back to fatfreevegan.com